CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 16, 2011

#3!

Just thought I would post a picture of the 3D ultrasound my good friend/professional sonographer, Shauna, did of #3! I think this turned out sooooooo good and love how you can already see what a looker she will be! I especially LOVE the crossed little feet up by her face!


Not only was it exciting to see her starting to look like a real baby (and not so much like an alien life-form), but we were also soooooooooo relieved to have this ultrasound go better than the last one...When we went in for the *big* ultrasound, we were devastated to find out that the placenta previa I had with Lu was back again. It wasn't as complete as it was last time, but I was really worried about the complications it might cause as I felt we were really blessed last time with Lu where everything turned out okay and really without any big problems--minus the 2 months of bedrest... And as if that wasn't enought, another we discovered another bombshell that visit--there was something in the baby's bowels that didn't look good. They weren't really sure what it was, but it could have been a marker for Down's Syndrome or cystic fibrosis among other things. At the very least, unless it went away, they were pretty sure she would have some sort of bowel blockage and would possibly need surgery. Needless to say, we were pretty depressed when we left the doctor's office. My doctor wanted me to come back in a month for another followup ultrasound in hopes that something would have changed by then. In the meantime, my wonderful friend Shauna and my doctor did a lot of checking up on me and talking with other neonatalogists on what we would be in for if things were still the same on the next ultrasound. We kept this on the "down-low" as there was a chance that things would change and I didn't want everyone (especially Great Grandma Barbara) to worry for a month if it would turn out things were fine. FINALLY the month went by (longest of my life)and I was able to go in for my ultrasound. I was telling Coby the night before that even if just one thing was gone, I think I'd be able to handle it much better and when I went in the next day, it was such a miracle because BOTH things had resolved! My placenta had moved clear up and the spot on the baby's bowel was completely gone! I feel like we have been soooooo blessed again! I love my family and love this little girl so much already! I am so relieved that things are looking so much better!

3 comments:

Emily Infanger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily and Casey Hansen said...

I am getting so excited for you guys!! I will come see you when I get back to town! Hope you are doing well! Love ya!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

I am glad everything turned out okay! It freaks you out when they tell you there could be something wrong with your baby! Then that is all you can think about until it gets cleared up. It sounds like you were really blessed!