CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

6 MONTHS!!!

Ok, well I guess it's time I FINALLY got around to posting about Lu at six months--which she turned on what would have been February 31st! (k so I'm a little behind....) When we went into the doctor for her checkup, they measured her at 25&1/2in long and only 12lbs 6oz--barely the 1%. The doctor took one look at her weight and diagnosed her with "failure to thrive" (regardless of her having met all her milestones) and instructed me on how to supplement her eating with formula and told me to come back in a week to see if she had gained any weight. He then proceeded to tell me that if she hadn't, there may be "possible metabolic problems" because she had fallen off her growth curve. Thanks for the reassurance, Doc! So, the next week we went back into the doctor and the first they did as usual was weigh her and WAMO--13lbs 13oz!!!...Now we fed her pretty much 24/7 that week, but I'm pretty sure its not possible for her to gain about a pound and a half if seven days. Well, they thought so too so they re-weighed her on a different scale and it turned out the same--13.13. *CONCLUSION:* She is small, but still healthy--just like her sis. So basically I worried my head off (like I would do that) for a whole week! Drama, drama, drama... In addition to be a little shrimp, Luey is SUCH a sweetheart! She is such a roly poly and rolls all over the floor. She sits up all by herself, smiles CONSTANTLY and laughs, laughs, laughs at her sister! We LOVE this little girl soooooooooooo much and cannot imagine our lives without her! Here are some six month pics I took of our little sweetie-pie!



Could she be any more of an angel???

3 comments:

dubb and dawni said...

Ash- she is so cute! Love the pic's!

Katherine said...

She is so cute! And getting way too big I might add. It's been too long since we've seen you. AWESOME photography! Well done Ash!!

Ash said...

So beautiful! I love the pics, and love that girl. Can't wait to see her in a few months. I have a feeling that Luke and Lu will be crawling all over each other by then!