CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Emme Joy Coonradt

She's HEEEEREEEE!!! Finally on Monday Aug. 15th, Emme Joy Coonradt was born at 7:09am, weighing 7lbs 8oz and was 19 inches long! We had been all over the place on her name, but the Saturday before we had officially settled on Emme Joy for a few reasons. I really wanted to name her after my great-grandma, Elma, but could not quite get on board with the name Elma and I think Emme does a good job honoring her in a more modern/updated way. Also, Coby's great grandpa's middle name was Joy and it flowed so well with Emme that we were able to finally able to commit to a name--yay! She is a very sweet baby and we were so lucky to have so many family members and loved ones there when she was born--she truly is LOVED! Although I was a little disappointed that I didn't get the VBAC I wanted, the c-section was definitely worth it to get this little sweetie here and we decided to have my tubes tied while my doc was in there already--so she will definitely be our last little bundle--or better be! True to form I was sick most of Monday and pretty doped up on a bunch medications, so a lot of that day is a big BLUR, but both little Emme and I were well taken care of.



Look at all that HAIR!!!






Mae was completely in L-O-V-E with Emme the second she saw her...

while Lu was a little overwhelmed with everything and needed a few minutes!




I just LOVE that hair!


We are so grateful to have Emme here--our family is now complete! We feel so blessed to have 3 healthy, beautiful girls and such WONDERFUL supportive family and friends! Life is GOOD!



WE LOVE YOU EMME JOY!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Now that is a cute baby!!!
Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Randy and I have been wondering, how do you say her name?
Cuz we're debating.
And we're not smart enough to figure it out ourselves or to believe the other.

Mary Peterson said...

Hi, it's your cousin Nate's wife Mary here... so excited to have heard the wonderful news of Emme's arrival in Grandma's letter! Hooray! What a blessing that both Ashlee and Emme are well. What a beautiful little girl. My mom is named Emmy, so I'm partial to the name. : ) Welcome to the world, dear little Emme. Good luck to you all as you enjoy this special, crazy time!