CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

OREGON COAST 2010

So, over the 4th of July (yes, I'm just getting to this) my family had our "Christmas in July" and went to the Oregon coast---ALL OF US, minus Josh and Capri (and baby Miya)--who were greatly missed! We rented a big beach house and had so much fun! We were able to do A LOT of reallly fun stuff and it was so nice to all be together!


I seriously think it is one of the most beautiful places on earth--I could live here.

Walking through the tide pools

Mae doesn't think her daddy is funny at all, does she?

Dadda and his girls...oh, and the sea lions. It was crazy how close we were to them and they didn't even care.

We were walking for awhile and when we looked down, Lu had given up. Who knew you could actually sleep like this.

Family photo op--we had LOTS of these this trip-- at the entrance to the Devil's Punch Bowl

Me and my big girl-- I seriously LOVE this chick!

The whole fam damily!

"Benny-Boy" and "Cookie"--they were inseparable this trip...I seriosly think they are in
L-O-V-E!

YAQUINA HEAD LIGHTHOUSE


Another family photo op

Mae, totally content with Grandma and Grandpa

Peace

Dadda and Miss Lu

As part of our trip, the boys got to go deep sea fishing and most of them ended up getting sick-- and the girls got pedicures! Even Mae got to come along with the big girls!

The finished feet!

HACETA HEAD LIGHTHOUSE


Rough hike up to the lighthouse for Mae while daddy carries her...she doesn't look too happy about it!

Yep, you guessed it, another family photo!

Having a 2 year-old moment: we could not get her off the fence!

Oh, and another 2 year-old moment: she has started this new thing of taking off her shoes if she's in one place for more than 30 seconds--its really fun!

YAQUINA BAY LIGHTHOUSE

This lighthouse is really neat. It is one of the few lighthouses that is actually part of the house--and supposedly haunted, although we saw no sign of it!

OUT COLD! She totally CRASHED!


The pier in town

We also all went to the Aquarium and Mae and the other kids had such a fun time!

The girls, me and Great-Grandpa waiting to go in
Happy Lu!
Me, Mae and Jena--Mae LOVED being with all her cousins!
Coby the underwater adventurer!
and his sidekick!
Mae LOVED playing in the petting pools!
We had all wanted to go whale watching and we actually able to do it too before we left. They make no guarantees on sitings, but we were lucky and actually saw quite a few. This is the best picture I got--those whales are sneaky!
Mae was WAY excited everytime we saw a whale--not quite as much as Grandma though!
For Mother and Father's Day, I decided to get my parents pictures of them with all the grankids and we were able to do that on the beach--and what backdrop could be better than that?!!! Here are some of the pix from that day at the beach.
Lu-big surprise- eating sand--and sooooooo happy about it!
This is one of my favorite pix--I LOVE it!
Me and my girls!

Ahhhh....
My mom made all these skirts for the girls and they all looked soooooooo cute in them!
Lu and Uncle Adam. He loves Lu and is always packing her around.
Before we left we were able to go to Jeff and Ashlee's house in Portland and spend the night there. They took everyone to see a beautiful waterfall not far from their house. Lu and I opted out because she had gotten super sick with a bad cold and had been such a good sport about being lugged around, so I thought I'd give her a break from the car. I made sure Coby took the camera with him and thank goodness because these are some cute pix!
Mae and her dadda!
One of my favorites...
Such a pretty girl!
the waterfall
A little blurry, but still WAY cute!
And now, for my VERY FAVORITE PIC---
MAE & BEN!!! Seriously how cute is this??? See, I told you they were in LOVE!!!
Thanks Mom and Frankie for a WONDERFUL trip! We are so lucky to have such an AMAZING family!

1 comments:

Mrs. Michelle said...

I came across your blog and I just love your pictures! I recently moved to Portland and recognized those falls! They are right by my house too!