CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 11, 2010

My Pretty Ballerina

A few weeks ago, Mae went to her cousin Kenna's dance recital. We had been telling her that Kenna was going to be a ballerina and while we were waiting, Mae kept getting more and more excited. When the first dance finally started, Mae was totally mesmerized! She sat there motionless, staring at the stage. When the dance was over, Mae started clapping as fast as she could with such an intense look on her face, still not taking her eyes off the stage. As I watched her applaud, I seriously thought she was going to cry she was so excited! It was after that that we decided we might need to get her into dance. The place Kenna took dance only took kids once they were potty trained, so we told her that once she was potty trained she could be a ballerina. We have started working on it, and she is doing pretty good, but then I actually ended up finding another place that takes kids starting at 2. So we enrolled her in a summer program that starts June 24th to see if she actually does like it as much as we thinks she will-- and got her her ADORABLE costume! The second I showed it to her, Mae started screaming she was so excited! I put it on her, and while I was able to get some cute pics, I soon discovered that was a BIG mistake--and couldn't get her to take it off! I can't wait for the class to start--she makes such a BEAUTIFUL ballerina!




2 comments:

Sarah said...

Way late on post this but I just thought of it this morning, we should totally get together for the Manti pageant! Rent a room in Manti and make a weekend out of it. I really wish we could get our little girls together because I think they would have lots of fun together. Zanna loves to dance, too. Anyway, I know you guys are super busy all the time, but I would love to get together some time.
Mae is one super cute ballerina! Very, very cute! Love the little dress up!
P.S. I watched Man vs. Food the other day, and they had Coby's birthday hamburger on there. Made me think of Coby. :)

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

She is way cute! I love that she is so excited about it!