CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

1 year ago today...

At 3:02am exactly ONE year ago our little bubba-girl was born! I cannot believe my baby is 1 year old today!!! Everyone always says it goes by too fast, and believe me, it really does! I feel like we just got her home from the hospital for good and now here she is 1 year-old! As much fun as it is watching her grow, it also makes me a little sad because it has just all gone by sooooo fast! It makes me wish I would've spent just a few more minutes every day loving on her because now that she is mobile we don't get a lot of snuggle time, BUT I have to say she is just soooo much fun! Everyday she is learning something new. She now says "Momma" (usually only when she's sad), "Da-da" (I hear that ALL day long), Lelly (Lenny-our dog), Nana (gma) and gabba (for Yo Gabba Gabba, her favorite and world's MOST annoying show!). If we can convince her to cooperate she can tell us what the ducky says "quack, quack", what a bear says "Grrr...." and what Lenny says "Woof, woof." She waves hello and bye-bye, blows kisses, plays peek-a-book, patty-cake, the itsy bitsy spider , gives the BEST kisses and eskimos, and is a speed-crawler! She hasn't started walking on her own yet, but I know that as soon as she decides she's ready she'll just take off across the room! I always thought I'd know what it would feel like to be a mother and let me just tell you---I had NO idea! Little did we know how much our lives would change-- for the better-- because of this little girl! We are better people because of what she's done to us and we just LOVE her soooooo much!!! I wake up everyday SOOOOO grateful for the blessing that she has been in our lives! Here are some early pics of our baby girl! Wow-has she changed!!! Sorry for the entourage of pictures, but I am a proud momma and got stuck in my plast from the past!!!








4 comments:

Ash said...

Happy birthday Mae! What a beautiful little girl you are!

Jenn said...

I can't believe Mae is one!! Time flies SO fast! I love all the pics-- especially the newborn ones, that is such an adorable and fast stage that they go through so fast, it seems like!! She is so adorable!!

Marisa said...

So, I'm a little late, but happy birthday MaeLee! I can't believe she's one already! She is so cute, Ashlee. I just love those pictures. Hopefully she and Brielle can meet soon! You guys are always welcome to come visit us in New Orleans!! :-)

Lacei Child said...

What a beautiful baby!