CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Walkin' on streets of DC!

Well, for an early Christmas presents, my WONDERFUL in-laws told us to plan a trip we wanted to do that me, Coby and them would go on together. We had just found out I was pregnant again and since I wouldn't be able to go on a cruise we haven't been on before I was past the cut-off point, and since we went to DC the first time we had always wanted to go back--we decided to go back to Washington, D.C! My parents were great enough to watch the children for us and WOW- did we have a GREAT time! This definitely was NOT a relaxing trip, but soooooooo fun! The Washington Monument


World War II Memorial--shout out to our Homeland!

Us and Abe

Ford's Theatre



Worn OUT!!!

We went during the Cherry Blossom Festival, which was BEAUTIFUL, but UNSEASONABLY cold! After our first night sightseeing--the next stop was to outfit ourselves in some warmer attire as we had NOT planned on that!

The Jefferson Monument

Us at Mount Vernon--George's House--LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

Our fancy dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House

The Capitol

The Rotunda

The Coonradt's with Brigham inside the Capitol

The Library of Congress--probably my FAVORITE BUILDING---sooooooooo BEAUTIFUL!



After the trip we were more worn out than when we left (is that even possible???) but I missed my girls like CRAZY!!! Thanks again Dave and Pam--we had an AMAZING trip!

5 comments:

Joslin @ Just Batty said...

You should have told me you were going to Ruth's Chris, I have a gift certificate that is just too far out of the way to use, I totally would have given it to you!

Lindsay said...

I. Love. DC. And I love this post. And I love your title. And I love you guys. AND, well that's about it. I'm glad you had a fun time, and you're not - there's definitely too much to see to relax!

Lindsay said...

And you're not?? How about "you're right"....I sturggle sometimes.

Lindsay said...

STRUGGLE.

Hollie said...

I...LOVE this A. I get so excited when i see pics from here!! even though ive been there a million times (i wish). You kids look great in the might cold!!